Advice and Guidance for Expatriates and International Citizens
Below and throughout our site, we offer a wide range of resources, articles, tools and more to help expatriates and global citizens live a fuller life abroad. In this section, we host a range of articles by expert authors and international relocation specialists. Each section has specific advice relating to different stages in your expatriate experience or specific issues and challenges expats face on their journey.
For many people, living as an expat in a foreign land is a dream – but it’s possible to turn that dream into a reality. In fact, millions of people become expatriates every year.
Most people think they want to bring everything when they are moving abroad. Deciding what to bring and what to leave can become a major internal and external conflict. The International Citizens guide for Expats Moving Abroad will help you prepare and accomplish your goal.
- Challenges of Moving Overseas
- How to Move Abroad to Popular Expat Locations
- Making a Successful Move Abroad With Children
- Moving Abroad From the U.S.
Before you start looking for international jobs and volunteer opportunities abroad, read our advice from experienced expatriates and international travelers who cover every aspect of going abroad. We offer a wide range of articles with advice on living and working in a foreign country.
- Best Places to Live Abroad
- Cost of Living Abroad
- Happy and Healthy Abroad. Live Abroad WELL.
- Safest Places in The World to Live
Considering retiring overseas or in a foreign country? In this section, we provide a variety of articles on the topic of international retirement. Learn about the best places to retire abroad and much more…
Advice on finding jobs abroad and working in a new country. Tips for expatriates, global nomads, and international employees worldwide.
- Best Places to Work in the World
- Freelance Abroad Without Taking a Paycut
- Starting a Business Abroad – An Expat’s Guide
- Teaching English as a Second Language
Education is more important than ever when living abroad. Come explore our resources centered around helping you to continue to learn as an expat.
- Expatriates: Choosing the Best International School
- Finding A Great Language Tutor Abroad
- How to Find the Right International High School for Your Children
Helpful articles and advice regarding international banking, checking and credit card accounts, international wire transfers, foreign exchange – and more. Everything an expatriate needs to know to better manage their finances.
- 5 Frequent Financial Mistakes that Cost Expats Thousands
- 5 Tips for Choosing a Bank After Moving to a New Country
- Can You Live on Social Security While Living Abroad?
Getting sick when traveling or working abroad can ruin the experience. We provide advice to those living and traveling abroad to help remain healthy and stay fit.
Don’t make your move without understanding how prices vary across the world. View our extensive resources on the costs of living across the world to see how prices will differ in your new home.
We have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions regarding international medical insurance and travel insurance along with a comprehensive library of articles addressing many of the related topics to assist you in the process of understanding international insurance. If you can’t find the answer that you are searching for please let us know.
- International Health Insurance for Retirement Abroad
- How to Choose an International Travel Medical Plan
Traveling abroad doesn’t have to be daunting if you have the right advice before you go. Here we provide some specific advice to expatriates and global nomads who may be traveling internationally more than the typical traveler.
- Preparing for International Travel
- Preventing Identity Theft While Traveling
- Traveling Abroad with Children